Friday, December 31, 2010

Last day of the Year


I've started and restarted this particular piece around 10 times, yet there seems to be no cooler way of narrating today events.

The Lady next door was nice enough to offer me lunch and dinner today, so i took a break from cooking. Most of today went by in pointless thought, i was thinking about why people write.., why i choose to show it to people, why i write, what inspires me etc etc.. as you can guess this took a lot of time. I guess Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs stands tested.

Today i had a staring competition with a Barn Owl, the owl won! only because it doesn't use the toilet when it has to pee. I also thought about how the owl would have perceived me and how i would like it to perceive me. Clearly i had a lot of time on my hands.

I relocated a couple of plants as they were taking up too much space next to the water path and the smaller plants needed the sunlight ( not really...i was bored). Then i was sitting next to the wash area drinking Elani while a crow decided to test it's tolerance. It would hop very close to me then get scared and hop a feet feet away. This occurred more than a couple of times, before i realised that it was New Year eve! and i was all alone with a crow for entertainment and a barn owl which is more naturally suited for staring than me.

After a momentary period of panic, which lasted for an hour... i decided to make up for the loss of my rolling paper. Creating and theorizing is so much fun, no wonder so many people do it! i will soonly find out the ratio of joy when it works practically. =P

On a final note, being with friends/family, getting sloshed etc is a lot of fun, but i don't really regret being away and getting annoyed by the chirpy-ness of the babblers or squirrels during the day and the frogs and crickets during the night.

No. of centipedes killed since yesterday : 6 and a half. (try crawling closer to the corners so that people don't step on you!)
No. of moths : 1
No. of bronze/black skinks almost killed : 1 (will upload picture asap)

To all the things that fought a brave battle against my unconscious legs RIP.

Happy 2011!


No comments: